Available Stains / Finishes
download the catalog
Clear Wood Finish Brushing Lacquer
Professionals and Do-IT-Yourselfers know Deft Clear Wood Finish Brushing Lacquer is the brand they can trust for a superior, fast-drying, and easy-to-use finish for any interior wood project. Whether it is as simple as a picture frame or as demanding as antique restoration. Clear Wood Finish Brushing Lacquer makes the job easier and the results more rewarding! Due to VOC regulations not all sizes are available in every state/county. If we cannot ship to your area your credit card will not be charged and you will be notified by e-mail.
How to apply this product:
- Sand wood with 180 grit sandpaper to proper smoothness, remove dust, and stain if desired.
- Apply one even coat of Deft Lacuqer Sanding Sealer with a bristle Brush, or pad. Let dry for 1 hour. Fine-sand with the grain. Remove dust.
- Apply the first even coat of Deft Clear Wood Finish Brushing Lacquer with a brush, roller, or Deft's Aerosol Spray. Do not thin.
- Apply additional coats at two hour intervals - number of coats depends on the type of wood (open-grain woods require more coats than closed-grain) and kind of finish desired.
- Three full coats provide a resistant finish. Where wood is exposed to water, apply an additional three coats.
- Sand lightly after first coat with 220 grit sandpaper and dust with a dry brush.
- For a hand-rubbed finish, rub the final coat lightly with 4/0 steel wool or a rubbing compound.
- Clean brushes with lacquer thinner. For temporary storage without cleaning, tightly wrap brushes in Saran-type material.